HJ: Health begins in the mind, not in the body. After all, your subconscious mind is in complete control of the body and its trillions of cells, controlling every process like an intricate swiss watch, triggering hormonal cascades that regulate every aspect of your day to day being. And so it is that the subconscious mind also stores all of your memories and the emotions stored with those memories, which end up creating your thoughts in large part. Knowing this, does it not become obvious that your health is directly influenced by the mind?
What we unconsciously hold to be true, then becomes true for the body. Whatever we believe is reflected in the body (as well as our actions, thoughts, speech, relationships and so on…). If we believe that we are somehow ‘less than’, if we doubt ourselves or hold anger towards ourselves and others, then you better believe it will produce physical effects in the body, especially longterm. Thoughts of anger cause cancer when held in the subconscious mind without being released over a lifetime. As does fear and self doubt. These emotional patterns embedded deep within the subconscious mind create a myriad of health challenges, which doctors call disease, but the shamans know are simply parts of the mind needing healing…
The best part of this is that you don’t need to know what is causing you to have physical symptoms. You don’t need to know what subconscious pattern or memory is triggering what you are experiencing physically. You just need to know one of any number of techniques to release and deal with the subconscious baggage interfering with your health.
Below, you will find a practice originally given by Abraham Hicks to begin to release emotional baggage as it comes up and restore so that you can restore the health of your body, mind and spirit. This is a powerful practice and one we suggest memorizing for maximum results — to be used whenever is needed.
Process #21 Reclaiming Ones Natural State of Health
By Abraham and Esther Hicks | Abraham Hicks
The below was excerpted from “Ask and It is Given”.
When to Use This Process:
- When you do not feel well
- When you have been given an unsettling diagnosis
- When you are feeling pain
- When you want to feel more vital
- When you feel a vague fear associated with your body
Current Emotional Set-Point Range
This Reclaiming One’s Natural State of Health Process will be of the most value to you when your Emotional Set-Point is ranging somewhere between:
(10) Frustration/Irritation/Impatience and
Do this process while lying in a comfortable place-the more comfortable, the better. Choose a time when you have approximately 15 minutes when you are not likely to be disturbed by anyone. Now, write this short list in a place where it will be easy for you to read, and when you first lie down, read it slowly to yourself.
– It is natural for my body to be well.
– Even if I don’t know what to do in order to get better, my body does.
– I have trillions of cells with individual Consciousness, and they know how to achieve their individual balance.
– When this condition began, I didn’t know what I know now.
– If I had known then what I know now, this condition couldn’t have gotten
– I don’t need to understand the cause of this illness.
– I don’t need to explain how it is that I’m experiencing this illness.
– I have only to gently, eventually, release this illness.
– It doesn’t matter that it got started, because it’s reversing its course right now.
– It’s natural that it would take some time for my body to begin to align to my improved thoughts of Well-Being.
– There’s no hurry about any of this.
– My body knows what to do.
– Well-Being is natural to me.
– My Inner Being is intricately aware of my physical body.
– My cells are asking for what they need in order to thrive, and Source Energy is answering those requests .
– I’m in very good hands.
– I will relax now, to allow communication between my body and my Source.
– My only work is to relax and breathe.
– I can do that.
– I can do that easily.
Now, just lie there and enjoy the comfort of the mattress beneath you-and focus upon your breathing-in and out, in and out. Your goal is to be as comfortable as possible.
Breathe as deeply as you can while still remaining comfortable. Do not force it. Do not try to make anything happen. There is nothing for you to do other than to relax and breathe.
You will very likely begin to feel soft, gentle sensations in your body. Smile, and acknowledge that this is Source Energy specifically answering your cellular request. You are now feeling the healing process. Do nothing to try to help it or intensify it. Just relax and breathe—and allow it.
If you were experiencing pain when you laid down, follow the same process. However, if you were feeling pain, it would be helpful for you to add these words to your written and spoken list:
This sensation of pain is an indicator that Source is responding to my cellular request for Energy.
This sensation of pain is a wonderful indicator that help is on the way.
I will relax into this sensation of pain because I understand that it’s indicating improvement.
Now, if you can, drift off to sleep. Smile in your knowledge that All-Is-Well. Breathe and relax—and trust.
Abraham, Speak to Us More about Our Physical Body
The next time you feel any discomfort, stop in the middle of it and say to yourself, “This discomfort that I’m feeling is nothing more than my awareness of resistance. It’s time for me to relax and breathe, relax and breathe, relax and breathe.” And you can, in seconds, bring yourself back into comfort.
Every cell in your body has a direct relationship with Creative Life Force, and each cell is independently responding. When you feel joy, all the circuits are open, so the Life Force can be fully received. When you feel guilt, blame, fear, or anger, the circuits are hindered and Life Force cannot flow as effectively. Physical experience is about monitoring those circuits and keeping them as open as possible. Your cells know what to do; they are summoning the Energy.
There is no condition that you cannot modify into something more, any more than there is any painting that you cannot repaint. There are many limiting thoughts in the human environment that can make it seem that these so-called incurable illnesses or unchangeable conditions cannot not be changed. But we say that they are only “unchangeable” because you believe they are. Someone asked us recently, “Is there any limitation to the body’s ability to heal?” And we said, None, other than the belief that you hold. And he asked, “Then why aren’t people growing new limbs?” And we said, Because no one believes they can.