by Melissa A. Bartoszewski, DC
(NaturalNews) Ever wonder why you are in pain, feeling tired and sluggish, frequently sick, have less than radiant skin, or just can’t seem to focus? The answer may very well lie in the meals you eat on a daily basis. Food plays a direct role in why you feel the way you do. Making smarter choices by incorporating natural, raw foods into your diet will help to alleviate common symptoms and allow you to live a healthier, symptom-free life.
Processed, chemically and genetically altered foods wreak havoc on your body, especially when ingested regularly over long periods of time. Chronic pain, learning disabilities, increased medical bills, fatigue, frequent illness, sleep disturbances and irritability can occur when nutritionally poor food choices are made on an all too regular basis. Animal products, sugar, artificial colors, preservatives and chemical sweeteners have negative, long-term effects on the body. Below is a list of common foods in the American diet and some of their associated negative health effects.
• Sugar: diabetes, obesity, vitamin loss, learning/behavioral disabilities
• Animal proteins: cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer risk
• Chemical sweeteners: carcinogenic effects, migraines, nervous system damage
• Artificial preservatives/colors: promote cancer, liver detox overload, ADHD
• Decreased fiber: increased risk of colon cancer, cardiovascular disease
Read the rest of the article here: Natural News