WORLD BANKER RESIGNATIONS TOP 55
http://loanworkout.org/2011/09/bank-of-new-york-mellon-chief-resigns-in-a-shake-up/(2) 09/20/12 (SCOTLAND) SCOTTISH WIDOWS [Retirement Investment Savings Fund]
There could be no Scottish representative on the board of Lloyds Banking Group, owner of Bank of Scotland, in future after it announced the departure of Lord Sandy Leitch, the chairman of Scottish Widows and group deputy chairman.
http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/business/company-news/warning-as-last-scot-leaves-lloyds-board-lloyds-could-lack-scottish-voice.15150830?_=20e772c9486b6372433ff2b886a31e9fca7eeb2a(3) 9/25/11 (SWITZERLAND) Bank chief resigns over £1.5bn rogue trader crisis
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2041385/Oswald-Gruebel-resigns-UBS-boss-steps-Kweku-Adoboli-trading-scandal.html(4) 9/28/11 (SWITZERLAND) SNB Bank Council: Fritz Studer resigns as per end-April 2012
(5) 10/29/11 (CHINA) Resignations Suggest Shift for China’s Banks
(6) 11/01/12 (INDIA) More directors of the Beed district bank resign
(7) 11/02/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Lloyds Banking Group chief executive, António Horta-Osório, is to take leave of absence on health grounds for six to eight weeks, the BBC has reported. (STILL OUT AS OF 2/24/12 – DEFACTO RESIGNATION)
(8) 11/21/11 (JAPAN) UBS’s Japan Investment Banking Chairman Matsui to Resign
(9) 11/29/11 (IRAN) Iran’s Bank Melli CEO Resigns Over Loan Scam
(10) 12/15/11 (UNITED KINGDOM) Senior private banker resigns from Coutts [exclusive private bank]
(11) 12/22/11 (FRANCE) Societe Generale’s Investment Banking Chief Steps Down
(12) 12/23/11 (USA VA) Bank feud: Chairman Giles quits VNB with other directors
(13) 1/01/12 (NIGERIA) The Board of United Bank for Africa Plc, the pan African financial services Group with presence in 19 countries across Africa, has accepted the resignation of Mr. Victor Osadolor, from the board with effect from January 9, 2012.
(14) 1/01/12 (ISRAEL) Israel’s Bank Leumi CEO Maor steps down after 16 years
(15) 1/03/12 (USA VA) Suffolk Bancorp president and CEO steps down
(16) 1/05/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Chief executive of Saunderson House [Private Bank] steps down
(17)1/09/12 (SWITZERLAND) Switzerland’s central bank chief resigns
(18) 1/12/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Lloyds’ head of wholesale quits
(19) 1/19/12 (SPAIN) Spanish bank Santander’s Americas chief quits
(20) 1/30/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Head Of UK Private Bank Steps Down [Butterfield Private Bank]
(21) 1/20/12 (JAPAN) Normura’s head of wholesale banking quits
(22) 1/29/12 (NEW ZEALAND) New Zealand Reserve Bank Governor Alan Bollard to Step Down in September
(23) 1/21/12 (GREECE) Banks’ top negotiator quits Greece, but talks go on
(24) 2/01/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) ABSA falls as deputy CEO steps down [UK Barclay’s Bank Controlledl
(25) 2/01/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Truett Tate – Lloyds Bankging Group head of wholesale quits
(26) 2/01/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Tim TOokey – Llyods Banking Group leaving end of February having served as interim group chief executive in addition to group finance director
“Mr Tookey, who has been with the group since 2006, will leave at the end of February after preparing the bank’s accounts for 2011. He will not get a pay-off.”
(27) 2/02/12 (VENEZUELA) Key Chavez Minister Resigns Amid Banking Corruption Fallout
(28) 2/05/12 (USA – NY) Two Top Morgan Stanley Bankers Resign
(29) 2/06/12 (INDIA) Dhanlaxmi Bank CEO Amitabh Chaturvedi quits: http://www.livemint.com/2012/02/06160111/Dhanlaxmi-Bank-CEO-Amitabh-Cha.html
(30) 2/07/12 (INDIA) Falguni Nayar quits Kotak Mahindra Bank
(31) 2/07/12 (IRAN) Iran denies central bank resignation rumor (don’t believe until its denied?)
(32) 2/09/12 (VATICAN) Four Priests Charged In Vatican Banking Scandal
(33) 2/10/12 (KOREA) Korea Exchange Bank chief steps down
(34) 2/10/12 (INDIA) Tamilnad Mercantile Bank CEO resigns
(35) 2/13/12 (KUWAIT) Kuwait Central Bank CEO resigns
(36) 2/14/12 (NICARAQUA) Nicaraqua Central Bank Pres Rosales resigns
(37) 2/14/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Social finance pioneer Hayday steps down from Charity Bank
(38) 2/14/12 (UKRAINE) The National Bank of Ukraine issued a short statement on Thursday announcing the resignation of deputy governor Volodymyr Krotiuk.
(39) 2/15/12 (WORLD) World Bank CEO Zoellick resigns
Did the White House tell the World Bank president that he’s out?
(40) 2/15/12 (SLOVENIA) Slovenia TWO largest Banks CEO’s (2) resign
(41) 2/15/12 (KENYA) Governor of Kenyan Central Bank to Resign
(42) 2/16/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) The Financial Services Authority’s (FSA’s) interim managing director, Conduct Business Unit, Margaret Cole, is to step down later this year.
FSA is the regulator of all providers of financial services in the UK; Bank of England retains
responsibility for systemic risk.
(43) 2/16/12 (GHANA) Ken Ofori-Atta steps down as Executive Chair of Databank Group
(44) 2/16/12 (SAUDI ARABIA) Saudi Hollandi Banks Managing Director Quits
(45) 2/16/12 (AUSTRALIA) Anz Bank CFO Australia resigns
(46) 2/16/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Royal Bank of Scotland Bankers Arrested
(47) 2/16/12 (AUSTRALIA) Royal Bank of Scotland Austrailan CEO Stephen Williams resigns
(48) 2/17/12 (USA) Blankfein out as Goldman Sachs CEO by summer
(49) 2/17/12 (SWITZERLAND) SNB Council President Hansueli Raggenbass To Leave Central Bank
(50) 2/18/12 (PAKISTAN) AJK Bank’s executive steps down
(51) 2/20/12 (RUSSIA) Head of Russian Bank Regulator Steps Down
(52) 2/20/12 (SWITZERLAND) Credit Suisse Chief Joseph Tan resigns
(53) 2/20/12 (USA) R. David Land Submits Resignation from the Boards of Directors of Peoples Bancorporation, Inc. and Seneca National Bank
(54) 2/21/12 (ARGENTINA) The general manager of the Central Bank of Argentina (BCRA), Benigno Velez, resigned his position today.
(55) 2/24/12 (INDIA) Breaking: ICICI Bank GC Pramod Rao resigns, may start up law firm
PENDING GOVERNMENT AND BANKER RESIGNATIONS AND CURRENT PROSECUTIONS
7/11/11 (TURKEY) 30 public officials to be prosecuted for aiding, abetting Dink’s murder
12/30/11 (CHINA) Former government official prosecuted for enslavement
2/6/12 (ROMANIA) Romanian prime minister and cabinet resign en masse
2/15/12 (KENYA) Parliamentary committee calls for Kenyan governor to resign
Parliamentary Select Committee finds governor’s “conduct and behaviour incompatible with the holder of the office of governor of the Central Bank of Kenya”; calls for resignation
2/15/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Hedge fund boss whose explosive emails finally caught up with him
2/20/12 (GERMANY) GERMAN PRESIDENT Christian Ruff resigns (financial corruption charges)
2/22/12 (AUSTRALIA) Former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd resigns as Foreign Minister
2/21/12 (YEMEN) Saleh’s deputy takes power in Yemen vote as sole candidate
2/17/12 (PAKISTAN) Prime Minister to be prosecuted
2/21/12 (PAKISTAN) GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS PROSECUTED
Pakistan Vows to Arrest Former President Musharraf for Bhutto Assassination
2/24/12 (HAITI) Haiti prime minister abruptly resigns post – Conille, a physician who previously served as an aide to Bill Clinton in the former U.S. president’s role as U.N. envoy to Haiti
2/24/12 (NEW ZEALAND) The four directors of Lombard Finance – including former cabinet ministers Sir Douglas Graham and William Jeffries – have been found guilty of making untrue statements in the company’s offer documents.
2/24/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Banker Mukhtar Ablyazov ‘fled to France on coach’ Mukhtar Ablyazov, the millionaire banker sentenced to 22 months in prison for contempt of court, has fled the UK and is understood to be hiding in France, a court heard. Ablyazov, the former chairman of BTA Bank, is alleged to have conducted fraud “on epic scale” while in charge of the bank. He fled to the UK after leaving the bank, claiming asylum against political persecution. The case against him alleges he misappropriated billions of pounds while in charge of BTA. In related cases, two other individuals – Paul Kythreotis, a business associate of Ablyazov, and Syrym Shalabayev, brother-in-law and associate of Ablyazov – have been sentenced to prison for contempt.
2/24/12 (UGANDA) Police quiz Uganda Central Bank Governor Mutebile overpayment guaranteed city businessman Hassan Basajjabalaba UGS142 billion. Ministers call for Mutebile’s resignation.